Start and End Times: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
The 2-day Professional Scrum Master IIcourse is an advanced course helping students to understand the stances that characterize an effective Scrum Master and servant-leader. The class teaches students about related practices and skills to enable them to have the right types of conversations and how to apply them to become better Scrum Masters.
What You Will Learn
Over the 2 days, students will learn about areas critical to growing as a successful Scrum Master. They'll learn how the principles and values of Scrum help guide Scrum Masters in the decisions they make and how the Scrum Master can help change the environment of Scrum Teams, creating an environment for agility to thrive. The Scrum Master role is complex and often, a Scrum Master must be able to apply different stances in order to be effective, such as:
- The Scrum Master as a Teacher
- The Scrum Master as a Coach & Mentor
- The Scrum Master as a Facilitator
- The Scrum Master as a Change Agent
As a Scrum Master, you need to be able to identify, and effectively apply which stance would benefit your team the most depending on the situation.
As a Scrum Master, part of your role is to help management and other stakeholders across your organization understand the benefits of Scrum and Agile. Therefore, it is imperative that you have the information and background that is needed to gain credibility in order to be an effective change agent. Throughout the class, your Professional Scrum Trainer (PST) will provide stories, exercises, facilitation techniques (such as “Liberating Structures”), resources and more. There will also be time in class for the PST to provide coaching on challenges that you and your classmates may be experiencing today.
- What practices, tools, skills and stances make an effective Scrum Master
- How the Scrum principles and values help guide Scrum Masters in the decisions they make
- How the Scrum Master acts as a servant-leader and improves their ability in this role
- What the Scrum Master can do to support Development Teams and Product Owners to become more effective
- Ways that the Scrum Master can help to change the environment making it more conducive for Scrum Teams to be successful with greater agility
- Provide tips and techniques for the Scrum Master to work with the rest of the organization in support of their Scrum Teams
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Master II course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) assessment. Students attending Scrum.org training classes learn the importance of inspection, adaptation, and fast feedback cycles. To reinforce these concepts, students who attend a class, and achieve less than 85% on the corresponding assessment within 14 days from when their initial password e-mail is sent, will be given a 2nd attempt at no cost.
Participants are also entitled to a 40% discount on the PSM III assessment.
These industry-recognized PSM certifications require a minimum passing score.
Students of Scrum.org courses are able to claim Project Management Institute (PMI) PDUcredit: 14 PDUs after attending the two-day Professional Scrum Master (PSM). Please note that PMIPDUs are earned for course attendance and not for passing a Scrum.org assessment. Students can claim PDUs under PMI’s "Education courses provided by other third-party providers” category. You can claim your PDUs online at https://ccrs.pmi.org.